All the time spent wearing braces can easily be wasted if the patient does not wear their retainers. Retainers are the final step to the perfect smile. Retainers ensure that the teeth do not move back to their original positions. So if you want to maintain your teeth where they are, it is very important to wear your retainers!
For lasting success from orthodontic treatment:
- Wear your retainer as prescribed.
- Don't let your retainer get bent or otherwise damaged.
- Call for a repair appointment if your retainer is damaged, loosened or lost.
- Keep your retainer clean: Effordent, Polydent or white vinegar soaks may help remove deposits from the retainer.
- Keep your retainer in its case when not being worn, never place it in a napkin.
- Be committed to maintaining your beautiful smile.
- Keep your retainer away from pets.